Blogs > Sleeping with CPAP

Assistant News Editor Lee Dryden was diagnosed with sleep apnea and uses a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine to assist with breathing while sleeping. From a layman’s point of view, he will discuss the benefits, issues, challenges and frustrations of sleeping while wearing a mask.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

No more nasty masks

  Aside from living in paradise, a Hawaiian man will now have a clean CPAP machine — thanks to his wife’s poetic plea.
  Toni Davis of Hawaii won a free SoClean CPAP sanitizing unit for her husband via Massachusetts company Better Rest Solutions’ No More Nasty Mask Facebook contest.
  About 200 people submitted entries on behalf of themselves or loved ones to be selected among the three most compelling tales awarded with a free SoClean.
  If you recall, I tried the SoClean and sang its praises in a past blog entry. It’s an incredibly easy means of ensuring your equipment is safe and sanitary. Scroll down a bit to see my full review.
  I have to share Davis’ poem, titled, “Snore no more.”
    My hubby uses his CPAP every night,
    without it his snoring’s a fright,
    he keeps his machine as clean as he can,
    he happens to be a germophobic man.

    He’d be so happy to win this sanitizing unit,
    It certainly would be a very big hit,
    He could keep his CPAP squeaky clean,
    get a good sleep and have a sweet dream.

  Second place went to Joann Carney, an Oregon “alien” grandmother.

  The Alien
  I watch my grandchildren and I am always telling them I am a friendly alien that will protect them, so that way they are not afraid of my mask as it’s a full face mask. So now I am the alien Grammy… lol. I have 18 grandchildren and they share with their friends that it’s ok for people to wear this equipment and how it helps them, and the younger ones tell about their Grammy the alien lol.

  The third place winner went to Stephanie Thomas, a Washington woman who has a deteriorating mask but is committed to treating her apnea.

  CPAP...a blessing...
 I did my sleep study nearly 6 years ago. I have not been able to get a new CPAP mask since then. It has broken where the forehead piece connects to the rest of the mask. My hose has holes in it so I really don’t have a full flow of air. It’s very discolored and the Velcro is very weak so I have to keep readjusting for a snug fit. But in order to keep healthy I have to wear it.

  All of these stories are compelling and relatable in their own way to the CPAP community — caring for a spouse with apnea, easing children’s fears and dealing with a lack of insurance.
  Kudos to Better Rest Solutions for helping these deserving people and enhancing the CPAP experience.

2 Comments:

Blogger cpapmachine.supplies said...

CPAP machine automatically senses your breathing requirements and with the help of its pressure feedback device the machine is capable of sensing whether you are breathing well or not. Once the machine senses that there is an obstruction of required airway, it substitutes it by supplying sufficient oxygen.

May 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM 
Blogger jon wilson said...

I read your blog and found the effective and highly productive IDEAS on this topic....thanks
Cpap mask

April 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home