Blogs > Sleeping with CPAP

Assistant News Editor Lee Dryden was diagnosed with sleep apnea and uses a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine to assist with breathing while sleeping. From a layman’s point of view, he will discuss the benefits, issues, challenges and frustrations of sleeping while wearing a mask.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Annual CPAP check-up

  I passed with flying colors.
  A 4.0. Those were my doctor's exact words during my annual assessment of my CPAP use.
  It was literally a 5-minute session. I guess that's a good thing but I wonder how much the insurance company paid him for that.
  Anyway, he was pleased with my usage (missed 1 day out of 372) and my minimal breathing interruptions.
  I'm sharing this not to brag but to spread the word that if I can do it, anyone can. I feel for people who struggle with CPAP.
  Make it part of your lifestyle. Talk to your doctor - adjustments can be made if you are not comfortable.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the information about the Annual CPAP check-up. Really a great blog sharing with us!!

CPAP

August 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home