Blogs > Sleeping with CPAP

Assistant News Editor Lee Dryden was diagnosed with sleep apnea and uses a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine to assist with breathing while sleeping. From a layman’s point of view, he will discuss the benefits, issues, challenges and frustrations of sleeping while wearing a mask.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sleep apnea and marijuana

  I debated internally on whether to touch this topic in my blog.
  Despite my concerns about losing credibility, I decided it is my job - as a newsperson and an apnea patient - to bring forward a variety of current topics being discussed in the CPAP/apnea world.
  There are claims on the Internet that marijuana is effective in treating sleep apnea.
  In no way am I endorsing this treatment or any sort of illegal drug use. I am certainly not being a dope (sorry, couldn't resist) and implying it is a substitute for CPAP.
  But it's an interesting topic in light of the medical marijuana debate, which is vigorous here in Michigan.
  Yes, much of the information online is from pro-pot websites. But there is a study on the issue from the National Institutes of Health.
  It will be interesting to see if this effort gains traction as awareness of sleep apnea grows amid the ever-present push for medical marijuana.  

3 Comments:

Blogger MrBinky said...

I don't know about using it as a substitute for a CPAP. But it sure helps me sleep with the CPAP on!

April 4, 2014 at 7:44 AM 
Blogger sami sheikh said...

Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.
Marijuana SEO

December 25, 2017 at 4:14 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information..
best cbd oil

January 22, 2018 at 2:59 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home